Styling Outfits




Thrifted Outfit for the Summer


Date: May 2, 2020

Although I'm posting this about a month later, I wanted to share this thrifted outfit I wore to run errands. The warmer weather is now emerging, so it's time for lighter fabrics and shorter garments! This outfit shows a very casual, yet chic style.

Thrifted Pieces:
I found the "strawberry pink" collared, buttoned long sleeve blouse at Savers in La Mirada during last December. It's actually part of the older Forever 21 collection because it had the older tag font. Seeing the old tag made me reminisce about when I went to Forever 21 in late middle school to early high school for plain clothing basics and casual dresses. The leopard and gold chain print on the blouse gave me the "Gucci" silk shirt vibes. Although this shirt got nothing on the luxury brand, it's light and has a similar look for only $6!

I found my ivory-colored Eddie Bauer shorts at Eco-Thrift in Sacramento last summer for only $2! At the time, I was looking for more summer clothes. I wanted shorts, but not the really short denim ones found at a lot of stores in the mall. I wanted a more "vintage" look, and these shorts fit the description very well. They were definitely too big for me, but with some tailoring, I was able to get them to fit better. 

As for the rest of the outfit, I took an old white tank top and cropped it, so I didn't have to deal with tucking it in. I chose gold accessories to match the gold chain print on the blouse. Since COVID-19 is still out there, I had a fabric face mask (made by my mom) because we gotta practice social distancing!! And my shoes are an old pair of "straw" slides from the clearance section in H&M. Honestly, it might be a little too casual comparing to the image of my top; however, the white sand color goes well with the outfit and still portrays that "summer vibe." 

Other ways I could have styled the blouse would be fully tucked, tied at the front, or not-buttoned. Instead of slides, I could wear this outfit with fully white sneakers, a pair of mules with gold accents, or brown loafers. 

Comments