Thrifting at Goodwill



A Good Morning Thrift


Date: February 19, 2020

For today's thrift, I went to Goodwill in the City of Industry location across the Puente Hills Mall. For this thrift, I focused on finding pants and oversized t-shirts. The color of the week to get discount was yellow; however, I could not find much that I liked with the yellow-colored tag. Nevertheless, I would say this thrift was a success because I was able to find what I wanted at low prices! In total, I spent $25.94 for 6 articles of clothing. Now, I'll go into each of the pieces I got.



Although it is considered "winter", Southern California gets to 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit lowest during the day, which for me, is still pretty warm. I wanted to find a corduroy pants or jeans that were "vintage." 

Item: Arizona brand Denim pants
Price: $3.99
The first pair of jeans is a dark wash, straight-leg style that fits perfectly, not over-sized or not too tight. Under the brand, Arizona, the quality of the jeans seemed sturdy. This item had a yellow tag, so instead of paying the full of $7.99, I paid half the price!

Item: Velvet Pants
Price: $6.99

I was attracted to these pants because of the material, fit, and pattern. It was black with a pattern outlined in red/burgundy. They were oversized on me; however, I feel like it would look good with a shirt or any top tucked into them. I bought it in good condition since it seemed lightly used. The price for these pants was $6.99.

Item: Gap brand Corduroy pants
Price: $6.99

I wanted this pair because of the straight-leg fit and beige color. I feel like it really suits the hipster look these days. Though they are not high-waisted, they stop at the hip. I feel like it would look good with an oversized sweater, crewneck, or hoodie. 


Item: Oversized T-shirts
Price: $1.99 - $2.99

I found all these shirts in the Men's section. I prefer to wear larger or oversized clothing; therefore, I bought Medium and Large sizes. The Gildan red and gray t-shirts were plain, solid colored. The black t-shirt with "Yokohama" on it is from Forever 21. It has a slightly larger neck line and smoother material. Overall I paid less that $3 for each of these t-shirts!

Lately, the most recent fashion trends as of late 2019 and early 2020 have been following a more hipster/vintage style, almost resembling '90s fashion. "Mom jeans" and oversized pants have been seen more often as opposed to skinny jeans. "Hypebeast" and streetwear styles have also been a popular sight among the common crowd. In general, the fashion world has always had past styles come back into pop culture and modern trends. Since most of the pants I bought are too long for me, I will be hemming them to stop at my ankle; or cut off just enough to still be able to fold them to the ankle. With oversized tops, they can often look good tucked-in to pants for a more "put together" look. Ont he other hand, some oversized shirts can be worn as-is in a style that drapes over your body for a comfortable look. The latter is a style more likely to fit the winter season. 



Comments

  1. I want to try thrifting ! I have no patience and hate shopping but all of the money you save might be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It does take a long time to really go through the racks to find something you like, but I promise it's worth :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome Blog !! I love thrift shopping , great topic ! You find old trends that you can't get now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old trends always come up in modern times and fashion just moves in a cycle; I feel like we'll always be able to find something that's in current style in thrift stores, despite it being used!

      Delete
  3. I had no idea that thrift shopping was becoming a trend. I am glad that women are finding inexpensive ways to stay cool in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! I think the most important aspect about it is, also, becoming aware of sustainability and reusing :-)

      Delete
  4. Great topic! Thrift shopping is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sense of style! This makes me want to go thrifting again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Justine! I hope you find some nice pieces to cherish for a long time :-)

      Delete
  6. I'm gonna pop some tags
    Only got twenty dollars in my pocket...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally forgot about this song, but love the reference! Haha

      Delete
  7. WOAH! Awesome prices and great finds! I've always heard thrift shopping can get you unique finds... I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Jason! I recommend trying out Goodwill, Salvation Army, or Ecothrift (if it's in your area!) because they always have really cheap prices! The most important thing, though, is to keep an open eye and mind when looking for clothes

      Delete
  8. I have never been thrifitng but i believe it to be a great deal especially with how pricey clothes can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! Retail prices are so hiked up, anyways; you could find some dupes/off brands and basics that will do its job just fine :-)

      Delete
  9. I love thrifting! I’ve gotten some of my favorite every statement pieces from thrifting <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, It's even better because when you find something it's unique and not many people may have that piece either!

      Delete
  10. Awesome post!! Always wanted to get into thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly a great way to save money with style!!

      Delete
  11. Woah this is very cool! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment